Council in conjunction with the State Emergency Services will be monitoring Warren Shire roads, to ensure your safety.
Where roads are indicated as being Closed, this is to all traffic except emergency service vehicles. Warren Shire Council appeals to all drivers planning to travel within the Warren Shire area to assist in preventing damage to the unsealed roads by choosing an alternative route or waiting until drier conditions prevail to travel these roads.
Flagrant and irresponsible disregard for this appeal could lead to prosecution to the full extent of the law.
Live Traffic NSW
Live Traffic NSW provides enhanced traffic information; giving you up-to-the minute news of incidents and conditions that affect your journey, including state roads under the jurisdiction of Transport for NSW.
Visit Live Traffic NSW for live updates, traveller information and personalised alerts for NSW roads.
Road Conditions Report
This page will be updated with local conditions as information becomes available.
|Unsealed Roads||OPEN WITH EXTREME CAUTION||Road Condition Report|
Warren Shire Council wishes to advise the travelling public that all unsealed roads within the Warren Shire Council are now OPEN to all vehicles with EXTREME CAUTION.
The following roads are CLOSED until further notice due to flood waters:
* SR23 Gradery Lane (Whole Road);
* SR36 Gibson Way (Whole Road); and
* RR333 Carinda Road (Closed 100km north of Warren to the Warren/Walgett boundary );
* SH11 Oxley Highway (Warren to Gilgandra) OPEN with EXTREME Caution to all traffic 24 hours;
* SR66 Wambianna Road (back road to Dubbo) OPEN with CAUTION;
* SR68 Bundemar Road OPEN with EXTREME CAUTION;
* SR73 Udora Road OPEN with EXTREME CAUTION;
* SR75 Pineclump Soldiers Road OPEN with EXTREME CAUTION;
* RR333 Carinda Road OPEN with EXTREME CAUTION to 100km;
* RR202 Marthaguy Road OPEN with EXTREME CAUTION flood damage on road; and
* RR7515 Warren Road OPEN with EXTREME CAUTION, flood damage on road; and
* SR3 Canonba Road (Whole Road); and
* SR65 Old Warren Road.
DRIVERS ARE REMINDED TO CHECK SURROUNDING COUNCILS’ ROAD CONDITION REPORTS FOR ROAD CLOSURES BEFORE PLANNING THEIR TRIPS THROUGH WARREN SHIRE INTO OTHER SHIRE AREAS. (LINKS CAN BE FOUND ON OUR WEBSITE.)
Drivers are to proceed with caution on all Shire roads.
Drivers travelling to Dubbo should use the State Highways through Nevertire and Trangie.
Should you have any enquiries regarding roads please don’t hesitate to give Council a call on (02) 68476600.
We will continue to keep you updated.
The next update will be provided on Friday 10th February 2023 or if conditions change.
Warren Shire Council.
For road conditions in our neighbouring shires, please follow the links below:
- Coonamble Shire Council - Road Conditions
- Walgett Shire Council - Road Condition Information
- Brewarrina Shire Council - Roads & Traffic
- Bogan Shire Council - Public Notices (search for Road Condition Report)
- Lachlan Shire Council - Road Condition Report
- Narromine Shire Council - Road Conditions
- Gilgandra Shire Council - Media Releases (search for Road Closures)