Pensioner Rebates

To be eligible for a pension rebate, you must be the person liable for the rates and annual charges on a property. The property must be your sole principal place of residence and you must have a current pensioner concession card or Department of Veteran Affairs Gold card with Total Permanent Incapacity, Extreme Disablement Adjustment, or War Widow eligibility.

The pensioner concession rebate is not automatically transferred if a new property is purchased. You will need to reapply for the rebate with a pensioner concession card showing your new address.

How much is the pensioner rebate?

Eligible ratepayers are entitled to receive up to:
  • $250.00 off all ordinary rates and charges for domestic waste management services
  • $87.50 off their annual water rates and charges (where the service is provided by council)
  • $87.50 off their annual sewerage rates and charges (where the service is provided by council)

How to apply

If you receive a pensioner concession card after the commencement of a quarterly billing period and you meet the above conditions, you can claim a rebate from the start of the next quarterly billing period.

To apply for a Pensioner Rebate you need to complete a Pensioner Concession Application Form and lodge it at the Council Administration Office. You will need to bring your pensioner concession card or DVA card.

Application - Pensioner Concession

You can also email the form with a copy of your pension card or Department Veteran Affairs card to or mail to:

Warren Shire Council
PO Box 6